Smart Cities Mission is an urban renewal and retrofitting program by the Government of India with the mission to develop 100 smart cities across the country making them citizen friendly and sustainable. Vadodara is one of these 100 cities.
To develop a unique mobile app that includes basic features of a citizen-centric app (city information, complaints creation, property tax payment, etc.) and also focuses on interactive and live services that make the citizens feel responsible and empowered.
A unique mobile and web application developed for Vadodara city government to enable communication between citizens and municipal administration, manage & routing complaints, payment of city-related taxes, locator finders, and help tourists to get details of heritage places.
- Implemented Beacons (IoT) across the city for sending notifications to mobile device when a user passes by
- Provision for citizens to submit complaints via map (crowdsourcing) based on user’s geo-coordinates.
- Routing of complaints.
- Locators for finding public toilets, garbage trucks (real-time detection), dustbins, buses.
- Online payment of professional and property taxes.
- Panic button for sending SMS notification with current location to relatives during emergency.
- Engage parents without using external non-secure media such as Facebook.
- City events schedules.
- Sending announcements, polls, and social media feeds by the city administration.
- Online booking of conference rooms and meeting invites for internal administration.
- Bulk SMS sending with a single click.
- Backend application for monitoring complaints and internal projects.